Associate Strategist (Indianapolis)
Applicants must supply to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter detailing communications experience
- At least two writing samples
C2 Strategic Communications is seeking an associate strategist for its Indianapolis office to support client projects and needs in Indiana. The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. The associate strategist will work in C2’s Transportation segment supporting diverse infrastructure clients.
The associate strategist leads projects and assists senior strategists and C2 officers in producing client deliverables, managing projects and identifying opportunities to enhance a client’s experience. A successful associate strategist is proactive, detail-oriented and unafraid to ask questions.
Knowledge or interest in transportation and related sectors is a plus. An associate strategist must be a critical thinker and strong writer with excellent organization and time management skills.
An associate strategist manages small and mid-sized accounts as a path to professional growth and advancement at C2.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Help develop and implement communications plans to meet client needs
- Develop and write news releases, newsletters, web content, presentations, proposals, etc.
- Manage social media accounts, including content creation
- Produce monthly performance reports for clients
- Plan and organize news conferences, public meetings, stakeholder meetings and other events
- Collaborate with other staff members to sharpen deliverables and identify new client strategies
- Manage time effectively and efficiently and meet work deadlines
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in communicating with media and the public
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Adept at collaborating, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Competent in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Experience using social-media platforms
- Working knowledge of MailChimp and/or Constant Contact to produce newsletters
- Experience using Cision or other media-monitoring service
- Experience using content-management systems such as WordPress
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in the communications field, especially in an agency or corporate setting
Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with an hour for lunch, Monday through Friday. Employees often work off-site, either at a client’s office or event. Reliable transportation is required. Occasionally, night and weekend hours might be required. Overnight travel is minimal.
Job classification: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: C2 Transportation segment lead/C2 Leadership Team
Interested applicants should send a resume and required materials to email@example.com.